The Diploma in Health Records and Information Technology(IT) training is to provide a strong foundation for Information professionals competent in health records management and health research.It seeks to integrate health records with IT.
By the end of the programme, the learners will have acquired the necessary knowledge and skills that will enable the learners to:-
- To equip students with both theoretical and practical knowledge and skills pertaining to clinical practice
- To produce graduates who can apply effectively and efficiently the acquired knowledge, skills and abilities in maintaining and securing patients health records.
- To prepare students for progression to higher level of studies in their fields of specialization
- To prepare students to think critically and invent industry -based approaches to Diploma in Diploma in Health Records and Information Technology(IT) Students get to understand the social work techniques and market expectations.
- In addition,they learn how to communicate effectively.
Key Interest Skills required to pursue a career in this field
- Planning skills
- Communication skills
- Numerical abilities
- Organisational skills
- Analytical skills
- Team spirit
- Negotiation skills
- Digital literacy
- Problem-solving skills
- Time Management Skills
- Integrity as a quality
Why study this program
This program prepares one to job market at lower level.It also a bridge to the advance level in the field.
- Possible career opportunity: The graduates from the course can be employed Hospitals, NGOs, Children’s Homes, Military and as Probation officers.
After successful completion of Diploma in Health Records and Information Technology(IT)(KNEC) ,a student can proceed for bachelor’s degree,master’s degree and Phd in related field.
Career progression: Degree- Masters, NDI Membership
This course takes an average of 6 terms (2 years ).
Mode of Study
- Regular/full time
- School based programme
- Distance Learning
- Weekend Classes
- Part-time/Evening classes
- KCSE aggregate Grade of C Plain & Above,or any equivalent qualifications by KNEC
The following requirements must be met for a student to qualify for KNEC exams in this course:
- Must sit for at least 2 cats marked out of 30% ,and an end term exams marked out of 70% each term.
- The candidate will be expected to proceed for industrial attachment as a requirement by KNEC for successful completion of the course.
- A student must attend at least 80% of all the tutorial lectures.
Email us at:Admissions Office.