Diploma in Community health and Development(KNEC)-This course is intended to equip the trainees with knowledge, skills and attitudes that will enable them to perform and manage development activities in the society.
Community development work aims to facilitate people in working together to influence and guide the future of their community.
The objective is to equip students with knowledge and skills and knowledge on patterns of diseases, organization and administration of different health services that may be provided to the community. At the end of the course, students are expected to be skilled and knowledgeable in such areas.
The Diploma in Community Health programme is designed to address the prevention of disease, the prolonging of life and the promotion of health through organized efforts of society. This programme aims to provide the knowledge and skills necessary to identify population health needs and to develop policies and actions to improve public health.
Key Interest Skills required to pursue a career in this field
- Planning skills
- Communication skills
- Numerical abilities
- Organisational skills
- Analytical skills
- Team spirit
- Negotiation skills
- Digital literacy
- Problem-solving skills
- Time Management Skills
- Integrity as a quality
Objective of this program is to prepare students to think critically and invent industry -based approaches to Diploma in community health, Students get to understand the community health techniques and market expectations. In addition,they learn how to communicate effectively.
Why study this program
This program prepares one to job market at lower level.It also a bridge to the advance level in the field.
- Possible career opportunity: The graduates from the course can be employed in Hospitals, Hotels, Governmental Food dealers and Health firms.
- Possible career opportunity: The graduates from the course can be employed in Hospitals, Hotels, Governmental Development dealers
After successful completion of Diploma in Community health and Development(KNEC) ,a student can proceed for bachelor’s degree,master’s degree and Phd in related field.
Career progression: Degree- Masters, NDI Membership
This course takes an average of 6 terms (2 years ).
Mode of Study
- Regular/full time
- School based programme
- Distance Learning
- Weekend Classes
- Part-time/Evening classes
- KCSE aggregate Grade of C- (minus) & Above,or any equivalent qualifications by KNEC
The following requirements must be met for a student to qualify for KNEC exams in this course:
- Must sit for at least 2 cats marked out of 30% ,and an end term exams marked out of 70% each term.
- The candidate will be expected to proceed for industrial attachment as a requirement by KNEC for successful completion of the course.
- A student must attend at least 80% of all the tutorial lectures.
Email us at:Admissions Office.