Certificate in plumbing and water piping course is offered at AIRADS College.Plumbing is the system of pipes, tanks, fittings, and other apparatus required for the water supply, heating, and sanitation in a building. Plumbers work to maintain and install plumbing systems.
This plumbing technology course is a vocational certificate program that will train students entering the plumbing field.
The program will demonstrate the knowledge of both commercial and residential plumbing practices.
Students will gain knowledge in safety, tools, plumbing codes, trade mathematics, construction drawings, isometric drawings, specifications and employability.
Upon completion of this program, students should feel confident starting their career.
Plumbing Artisan Certificate – objectives
This Plumbing Technology course is ideally suited for persons who wish to learn how to install and maintain plumbing systems as well as tradesmen involved in the construction industry.
This course provides the opportunity for participants to install and maintain simple systems of hot and cold water supply; drain, waste and ventilation systems through a combination of lectures and laboratory workshop sessions.
Learning outcomes include:
- Understanding the history of plumbing and the health and safety practices involved
- Identifying and using various equipment and materials used in plumbing
- Installing water supply, drain, waste and vent systems
- Testing and maintaining installed systems
This is an entry level program that is designed to introduce the student to Certificate in Certificate in Plumbing while equipping the student with practical skills that can be applied in the business world at an entry level.
Key Interest Skills required to pursue a career in this field
- Planning skills
- Communication skills
- Numerical abilities
- Organisational skills
- Analytical skills
- Team spirit
- Negotiation skills
- Digital literacy
- Problem-solving skills
- Time Management Skills
- Integrity as a quality
Objective of this program is to prepare students to think critically and invent industry -based approaches to Plumbing . Students get to understand the plumbing techniques and market expectations. In addition,they learn how to communicate effectively.
Why study this program
This program prepares one to job market at lower level.It also a bridge to the advance level in the field.
- water engineers
After successful completion of Certificate in Certificate in Plumbing,a student can proceed for Diploma ,bachelor’s degree,master’s degree and Phd in related field.
This course takes an average of 4 terms (1 and half years ).
Mode of Study
- Regular/full time
- School based programme
- Distance Learning
- Weekend Classes
- Part-time/Evening classes
- KCSE aggregate Grade of D (plain) & Above,or any equivalent qualifications by KNEC
- OPEN FOR NITA GRADE III
The following requirements must be met for a student to qualify for KNEC exams in this course:
- Must sit for at least 2 cats marked out of 30% ,and an end term exams marked out of 70% each term.
- The candidate will be expected to proceed for industrial attachment as a requirement by KNEC for successful completion of the course.
- A student must attend at least 80% of all the tutorial lectures.
Email us at:Admissions Office.