Certificate in Electrical Installation(KNEC) is designed for students who wish to acquire what are considered to be the most important skills necessary for today’s demanding electrical positions.
This is an entry level program that is designed to introduce the student to Certificate in Electrical Installation(KNEC) while equipping the student with practical skills that can be applied in the business world at an entry level.
Key Interest Skills required to pursue a career in this field
- Planning skills
- Communication skills
- Numerical abilities
- Organisational skills
- Analytical skills
- Team spirit
- Negotiation skills
- Digital literacy
- Problem-solving skills
- Time Management Skills
- Integrity as a quality
Objective of this program is to prepare students to think critically and invent industry -based approaches to Electrical Installation(KNEC) . Students get to understand the electrical techniques and market expectations. In addition,they learn how to communicate effectively.
Why study this program
This program prepares one to job market at lower level.It also a bridge to the advance level in the field.
- Possible career opportunity: The graduates from the course can be employed as: Electrician and Electrical Maintenance officer
After successful completion of Certificate in Electrical Installation(KNEC) ,a student can proceed for Diploma ,bachelor’s degree,master’s degree and Phd in related field.
This course takes an average of 4 terms (1 and half years ).
Mode of Study
- Regular/full time
- School based programme
- Distance Learning
- Weekend Classes
- Part-time/Evening classes
- KCSE aggregate Grade of D (plain) & Above,or any equivalent qualifications by KNEC
The following requirements must be met for a student to qualify for KNEC exams in this course:
- Must sit for at least 2 cats marked out of 30% ,and an end term exams marked out of 70% each term.
- The candidate will be expected to proceed for industrial attachment as a requirement by KNEC for successful completion of the course.
- A student must attend at least 80% of all the tutorial lectures.
- Entrepreneurship Education
- Applied Science
- Electrical principles 1
- Mathematics 1
- Technical Drawing
- Electrical installation Technology
- Solar installation systems
- Trade practice
- Course foundation and general information
- Workshop technology
- Communication skills
- Micro electronics
- Electrical principles II
- Mathematics II
- Electrical maintenance and fault diagnosis
- Workshop organization and management
- Electrical installation II, Estimating and tendering
- Industrial machines and control
- Business plan
- Trade project
- Communication Skills
Email us at:Admissions Office.