Higher national Diploma in Library and information science is designed to prepare students for professional careers in library and information work and provides an opportunity for advanced study and research.
This is an entry level program that is designed to introduce the student to business management while equipping the student with Business Management skills that can be applied in the business world at an entry level.
Key Interest Skills required to pursue a career in this field
- Planning skills
- Communication skills
- Numerical abilities
- Organisational skills
- Analytical skills
- Team spirit
- Negotiation skills
- Digital literacy
- Problem-solving skills
- Time Management Skills
- Integrity as a quality
Objective of this program is to prepare students to think critically and invent industry -based approaches to Information Management skills. Students get to understand the library and archives management techniques and market expectations. In addition,they learn how to communicate effectively.
Why study this program
This program prepares one to job market at lower level.It also a bridge to the advance level in the field.
- Possible career opportunity: The graduates from the course can be employed as: Librarians, File managers, Museum officers and Bank filers.
After successful completion of Higher national Diploma in Library and information science(KNEC) ,a student can proceed for bachelor’s degree,master’s degree and Phd in related field.
This course takes an average of 4 terms (1 and 1/2 years ).
Mode of Study
- Regular/full time
- School based programme
- Distance Learning
- Weekend Classes
- Part-time/Evening classes
- KCSE aggregate Grade of C+ (plus) & Above, /Diploma in related field(KNEC)or any equivalent qualifications by KNEC
- Degree from a recognized university
The following requirements must be met for a student to qualify for KNEC exams in this course:
- Must sit for at least 2 cats marked out of 30% ,and an end term exams marked out of 70% each term.
- The candidate will be expected to proceed for industrial attachment as a requirement by KNEC for successful completion of the course.
- A student must attend at least 80% of all the tutorial lectures.
- Communication Skills
Email us at:Admissions Office.