Higher national Diploma in Human Resource Management is designed to prepare students for professional careers in HR work and provides an opportunity for advanced study and research.
Areas covered include organizational behavior, employment relations systems and processes, human resource planning, recruitment and selection, performance management, training and development, occupational health and safety, work organization, negotiation and conflict resolution, all of which give you valuable skills as an employee in any industry.
This is an entry level program that is designed to introduce the student to Human Resource management while equipping the student with Human Resource Management skills that can be applied in the business world at an entry level.
Key Interest Skills required to pursue a career in this field
- Planning skills
- Communication skills
- Numerical abilities
- Organisational skills
- Analytical skills
- Team spirit
- Negotiation skills
- Digital literacy
- Problem-solving skills
- Time Management Skills
- Integrity as a quality
Objective of this program is to prepare students to think critically and invent industry -based approaches to Human Resource Management skills. Students get to understand the Human Resource management techniques and market expectations. In addition,they learn how to communicate effectively.
Why study this program
This program prepares one to job market at lower level.It also a bridge to the advance level in the field.
- Possible career opportunity: The graduates from the course can be employed as: Librarians, File managers, Museum officers and Bank filers.
After successful completion of Higher National Diploma in Human Resource Management(KNEC) ,a student can proceed for bachelor’s degree,master’s degree and Phd in related field.
This course takes an average of 4 terms (1 and 1/2 years ).
Mode of Study
- Regular/full time
- School based programme
- Distance Learning
- Weekend Classes
- Part-time/Evening classes
- KCSE aggregate Grade of C+ (plus) & Above, /Diploma in related field(KNEC)or any equivalent qualifications by KNEC
- Degree from a recognized university
The following requirements must be met for a student to qualify for KNEC exams in this course:
- Must sit for at least 2 cats marked out of 30% ,and an end term exams marked out of 70% each term.
- The candidate will be expected to proceed for industrial attachment as a requirement by KNEC for successful completion of the course.
- A student must attend at least 80% of all the tutorial lectures.
3808– HIGHER DIPLOMA IN HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
201-FUNDAMENTALS OF HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
203-TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
207- SPECIALISATION & ENTREPRENEURSHIP PROJECTS
- Communication Skills
Email us at:Admissions Office.