Diploma in Print Journalism (KNEC) is a three-year Diploma level in Print Journalism (KNEC) programme. These include printing in the field of advertising, publishing, and print media journalism.
Key Interest Skills required to pursue a career in this field
- Planning skills
- Communication skills
- Numerical abilities
- Organisational skills
- Analytical skills
- Team spirit
- Negotiation skills
- Digital literacy
- Problem-solving skills
- Time Management Skills
- Integrity as a quality
Why study this program
This program prepares one to job market at lower level.It also a bridge to the advance level in the field.
- Possible career opportunity: The graduates from the course can be employed as: News reporters, Sub-Editors, Editors, News casters, Producers, Photographers, Script writers, Freelancers, Correspondents, PROs, Marketers and Film directors.
After successful completion Diploma in Print Journalism-,a student can proceed for bachelor’s degree,master’s degree and Phd in related field.
This course takes an average of 6 terms (2 years ).
Mode of Study
- Regular/full time
- School based programme
- Distance Learning
- Weekend Classes
- Part-time/Evening classes
- KCSE aggregate Grade of C Plain & Above,or any equivalent qualifications by KNEC/ICM
The following requirements must be met for a student to qualify for KNEC exams in this course:
- Must sit for at least 2 cats marked out of 30% ,and an end term exams marked out of 70% each term.
- The candidate will be expected to proceed for industrial attachment as a requirement by KNEC for successful completion of the course.
- A student must attend at least 80% of all the tutorial lectures.
2928 DIPLOMA IN PRINT JOURNALISM(MODULEI)
101 INTRODUCTION TO MASS COMMUNICATION
102 LOGIC AND CRITICAL THINKING
103 INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
104 COMMUNICATION SKILLS
105 NEWS WRITING AND REPORTING
106 MEDIA LAW AND ETHICS
2928 DIPLOMA IN PRINT JOURNALISM(MODULE-II)
201 INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALISM
203-MEDIA CONVERGENCE AND JOURNALISM
204-ADVANCE NEWS WRITING AND REPORTING
205-NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTIONS
206-EDITING FOR MEDIA
207-MEDIA AND SOCIETY
2928 DIPLOMA IN PRINT JOURNALISM(MODULE-III)
302-FUNDAMENTALS OF DIGITAL JOURNALISM
303-PHOTOGRAPHY FOR JOURNALISTS
304-TYPOGRAPHY FOR JOURNALISTS
Email us at:Admissions Office.