Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics Management(KNEC)-The courses offered address current issues in foods, nutrition and diseases, and will be geared towards filling existing gaps in manpower needs in this area in both the public and private sector. Additional courses in agricultural sciences will be offered to provide a good understanding of issues related to food production and food supply at home and national level.
Key Interest Skills required to pursue a career in this field
- Planning skills
- Communication skills
- Numerical abilities
- Organisational skills
- Analytical skills
- Team spirit
- Negotiation skills
- Digital literacy
- Problem-solving skills
- Time Management Skills
- Integrity as a quality
Objective of this program is to prepare students to think critically and invent industry -based approaches to Diploma in Nutrition and dietetics, Students get to understand the Nutrition techniques and market expectations. In addition,they learn how to communicate effectively.
Why study this program
This program prepares one to job market at lower level.It also a bridge to the advance level in the field.
- Possible career opportunity: The graduates from the course can be employed in Hospitals, Hotels, Governmental Food dealers and Health firms.
After successful completion of Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics Management(KNEC) ,a student can proceed for bachelor’s degree,master’s degree and Phd in related field.
Career progression: Degree- Masters, NDI Membership
This course takes an average of 6 terms (2 years ).
Mode of Study
- Regular/full time
- School based programme
- Distance Learning
- Weekend Classes
- Part-time/Evening classes
- KCSE aggregate Grade of C- (minus) & Above,or any equivalent qualifications by KNEC
The following requirements must be met for a student to qualify for KNEC exams in this course:
- Must sit for at least 2 cats marked out of 30% ,and an end term exams marked out of 70% each term.
- The candidate will be expected to proceed for industrial attachment as a requirement by KNEC for successful completion of the course.
- A student must attend at least 80% of all the tutorial lectures.
Email us at:Admissions Office.