Diploma in Information Technology offered at AIRADS College aims at equipping students with relevant skills in IT.Given the recent advancement in technology,this course is practical and skill based.
This module unit is intended to introduce the trainee to information communication Technology, equipping him/her with necessary knowledge, skills and attitude to enable him/her professionally work with ICT facilities.
Possible career opportunity: The graduates from the course can be employed as: Computer Programmer, System analyst, Data clerk, Web Developer, Network officer
Diploma in Information Studies(KNEC) is design to tackle issues related to Information Communication Technology(ICT)
This is an entry level program that is designed to introduce the student to Information Communication Technology(ICT) while equipping the student with library and Information Communication Technology(ICT)skills that can be applied in the business world at an entry level.
Key Interest Skills required to pursue a career in this field
- Planning skills
- Communication skills
- Numerical abilities
- Organisational skills
- Analytical skills
- Team spirit
- Negotiation skills
- Digital literacy
- Problem-solving skills
- Time Management Skills
- Integrity as a quality
Objective of this program is to prepare students to think critically and invent industry -based approaches to Diploma in Information Communication Technology(ICT), Students get to understand the ICT techniques and market expectations. In addition,they learn how to communicate effectively.
Why study this program
This program prepares one to job market at lower level.It also a bridge to the advance level in the field.
- Possible career opportunity: The graduates from the course can be employed as: Librarians, File managers, Museum officers and Bank filers, Librarian, Document control specialist, Library technician, Digital librarian, researcher, research librarian, Medical librarian, Library administrator, library director, and Law librarian.
After successful completion of Diploma in Information Communication Technology(ICT)-(KNEC) ,a student can proceed for bachelor’s degree,master’s degree and Phd in related field.
This course takes an average of 6 terms (2 years ).
Mode of Study
- Regular/full time
- School based programme
- Distance Learning
- Weekend Classes
- Part-time/Evening classes
- KCSE aggregate Grade of C- (minus) & Above,or any equivalent qualifications by KNEC
The following requirements must be met for a student to qualify for KNEC exams in this course:
- Must sit for at least 2 cats marked out of 30% ,and an end term exams marked out of 70% each term.
- The candidate will be expected to proceed for industrial attachment as a requirement by KNEC for successful completion of the course.
- A student must attend at least 80% of all the tutorial lectures.
- 2920– DIPLOMA IN INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (MODULE I)
101-INTRODUCTION TO INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY & ETHICS
- 2920– DIPLOMA IN INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (MODULE II)
201-SYSTEMS ANALYSIS AND DESIGN
203-OBJECT ORIENTED PROGRAMMING
206-DATABASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
- 2920– DIPLOMA IN INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (MODULE III)
301-DATA COMMUNICATION AND NETWORKING
302-MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS
303-PRINCIPLES AND PRACTICE OF MANAGEMENT
307-INTERNET BASED PROGRAMMING
- Communication Skills
Email us at:Admissions Office.