Diploma in General Agriculture(KNEC).Agriculture plays a central role in supplying food and providing raw materials for industry. The programme has a broad range of courses in basic sciences, technical agriculture and communication. The graduates of the programme are prepared to assume positions in teaching, agricultural extension and rural development.
Possible career opportunity: The graduates from the course can be employed as:
Extension officers and Farm managers
Key Interest Skills required to pursue a career in this field
- Planning skills
- Communication skills
- Numerical abilities
- Organisational skills
- Analytical skills
- Team spirit
- Negotiation skills
- Digital literacy
- Problem-solving skills
- Time Management Skills
- Integrity as a quality
Why study this program
This program prepares one to job market at lower level.It also a bridge to the advance level in the field.
- Extension officers and Farm managers
After successful completion Diploma in General Agriculture(KNEC)-,a student can proceed for bachelor’s degree,master’s degree and Phd in related field.
This course takes an average of 6 terms (2 years ).
Mode of Study
- Regular/full time
- School based programme
- Distance Learning
- Weekend Classes
- Part-time/Evening classes
- KCSE aggregate Grade of C Plain & Above,or any equivalent qualifications by KNEC/ICM
The following requirements must be met for a student to qualify for KNEC exams in this course:
- Must sit for at least 2 cats marked out of 30% ,and an end term exams marked out of 70% each term.
- The candidate will be expected to proceed for industrial attachment as a requirement by KNEC for successful completion of the course.
- A student must attend at least 80% of all the tutorial lectures.
Email us at:Admissions Office.