Diploma in Food and Beverage Mgt-The course equips students with hands-on knowledge in all operational aspects of the Food and Beverage sector within the hospitality industry. This is to provide students with a strong in-depth foundation of the industry sector required to manage a restaurant or food and beverage department.
It entails teaching knowledge and skills required to make candidates outstanding professionals in the travel and tourism industry. Candidates gain knowledge in core tourism, leisure and hospitality in a way that benefits the local as well as the global market. It draws upon the social and natural sciences, recreation, business, and planning disciplines to provide an integrated understanding of tourism as a global industry and source of economic, environmental and social change.
Key Interest Skills required to pursue a career in this field
- Planning skills
- Communication skills
- Numerical abilities
- Organisational skills
- Analytical skills
- Team spirit
- Negotiation skills
- Digital literacy
- Problem-solving skills
- Time Management Skills
- Integrity as a quality
Why study this program
This program prepares one to job market at lower level.It also a bridge to the advance level in the field.
- Possible career opportunity: The graduates from the course can be employed in all food related firms.
After successful completion of Diploma in Food and Beverage Mgt (KNEC) ,a student can proceed for bachelor’s degree,master’s degree and Phd in related field.
This course takes an average of 6 terms (2 years ).
Mode of Study
- Regular/full time
- School based programme
- Distance Learning
- Weekend Classes
- Part-time/Evening classes
- KCSE aggregate Grade of C- (minus) & Above,or any equivalent qualifications by KNEC
The following requirements must be met for a student to qualify for KNEC exams in this course:
- Must sit for at least 2 cats marked out of 30% ,and an end term exams marked out of 70% each term.
- The candidate will be expected to proceed for industrial attachment as a requirement by KNEC for successful completion of the course.
- A student must attend at least 80% of all the tutorial lectures.
Email us at:Admissions Office.