Diploma in Electrical/ Electronic Engineering(KNEC)-The Course is intended to prepare trainees for future employment in the field of electronics. The trainees should be able to work safely, accurately and efficiently in the field of electronic
This module unit is intended to introduce the trainee to electrical telecommunication(power option), equipping him/her with necessary knowledge, skills and attitude to enable him/her professionally work with electrical facilities.
This is an entry level program that is designed to introduce the student to Electronics while equipping the student with electronics skills that can be applied in the business world at an entry level.
Key Interest Skills required to pursue a career in this field
- Planning skills
- Communication skills
- Numerical abilities
- Organisational skills
- Analytical skills
- Team spirit
- Negotiation skills
- Digital literacy
- Problem-solving skills
- Time Management Skills
- Integrity as a quality
Objective of this program is to prepare students to think critically and invent industry -based approaches to Diploma in Diploma in Electrical Installation, Students get to understand the Electrical techniques and market expectations. In addition,they learn how to communicate effectively.
Why study this program
This program prepares one to job market at lower level.It also a bridge to the advance level in the field.
- Possible career opportunity: The graduates from the course can be employed as: Electric Technician, Instrumentation officer and Electronic officer
After successful completion of Diploma in Electrical Installation(KNEC) ,a student can proceed for bachelor’s degree,master’s degree and Phd in related field.
This course takes an average of 6 terms (2 years ).
Mode of Study
- Regular/full time
- School based programme
- Distance Learning
- Weekend Classes
- Part-time/Evening classes
- KCSE aggregate Grade of C- (minus) & Above,or any equivalent qualifications by KNEC
The following requirements must be met for a student to qualify for KNEC exams in this course:
- Must sit for at least 2 cats marked out of 30% ,and an end term exams marked out of 70% each term.
- The candidate will be expected to proceed for industrial attachment as a requirement by KNEC for successful completion of the course.
- A student must attend at least 80% of all the tutorial lectures.
- Communication skills
- Engineering mathematics 1
- Physical science
- Mechanical science
- Electrical principles
- Industrial organization and management
- Estimating, tendering and engineering services contracts
- Engineering mathematics III
- Microcontroller technology
- Microprocessor systems
- Power electronics
- Industrial machines and utilization
- Electrical power transmission and distribution systems
- Electromagnetic fields theory
- Trade project
- Electrical installation technology
- Solar installation systems
- Engineering drawing
- Materials processes and workshop technology
- Analogue electronics 1
- Electrical measurement and fault diagnosis(EMFD)
- Industrial programmable logic controllers
- Control systems
- Engineering mathematics II
- Digital electronics
- Analogue electronics II
- Engineering drawing and design
- Electric circuit analysis
- Electric power generation and transmission
- Building services and protection
- Business plan
Email us at:Admissions Office.