This programme is one of the first accredited academic diplomas in this field. It aims to equip students with skills and knowledge that will qualify them for employment as managers and supervisors of small and medium Co-operatives. Graduates will be able to manage the operations of co-operative organizations, mobilize resources from members of co-operatives for growth and wealth generation. Graduates will also acquire broad based business management skills.
Career progression: KASNEB Courses, Higher Diploma- PHD and CM Membership
This is an entry level program that is designed to introduce the student to cooperative management while equipping the student with Entrepreneurship skills that can be applied in the business world at an entry level.
Key Interest Skills required to pursue a career in this field
- Planning skills
- Communication skills
- Numerical abilities
- Organisational skills
- Analytical skills
- Team spirit
- Negotiation skills
- Digital literacy
- Problem-solving skills
- Time Management Skills
- Integrity as a quality
Objective of this program is to prepare students to think critically and invent industry -based approaches to personnel Management skills. Students get to understand the personnel management techniques and market expectations. In addition,they learn how to communicate effectively.
Why study this program
This program prepares one to job market at lower level.It also a bridge to the advance level in the field.
- Career opportunities include: Co-operative Managers, Co-operative Training and Educational Specialists, Co-operative Promoters/Advisors, Co-operative Auditors, Credit Officers for micro-financing and Project Development Officers with NGOs.
After successful completion of Diploma in Personnel Management(KNEC) ,a student can proceed for bachelor’s degree,master’s degree and Phd in related field.
This course takes an average of 6 terms (2 years ).
Mode of Study
- Regular/full time
- School based programme
- Distance Learning
- Weekend Classes
- Part-time/Evening classes
- KCSE aggregate Grade of C- (minus) & Above,or any equivalent qualifications by KNEC
The following requirements must be met for a student to qualify for KNEC exams in this course:
- Must sit for at least 2 cats marked out of 30% ,and an end term exams marked out of 70% each term.
- The candidate will be expected to proceed for industrial attachment as a requirement by KNEC for successful completion of the course.
- A student must attend at least 80% of all the tutorial lectures.
2807– DIPLOMA IN CO-OPERATIVE MANAGEMENT
< 301-CO-OPERATIVE ACCOUNTING 302-FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING 303-PRINCIPLES & PRACTICE OF MARKETING 304-CO-OPERATIVE BANKING 305-CO-OPERATIVE LAW 306-NATURE OF CO-OPERATIVE MOVEMENT 307-COURSE SPECIALISATION & ENTREPRENEURSHIP PROJECTS Other Units
- Communication Skills
Email us at:Admissions Office.