Certificate in Social Work and Development-This course in social work prepares students with skills and knowledge in diagnosing social problems in the society such as deviance, illiteracy, ignorance, poor leadership and provides the solutions to such problems. It is suitable for those who wish to be social policy makers, social security officers, advocates, human rights and social workers among others.
This course further offers learners with an opportunity to gain more knowledge and skills in developing plans to achieve improved livelihoods. In the society people need empowerment so that they are able to solve their problems and meet their daily needs. The people who wish to do this course can be good community leaders, project managers, decision makers, lobbyist, legal practitioners and community development workers.
Upon completion of this program, students should feel confident starting their career.
Key Interest Skills required to pursue a career in this field
- Planning skills
- Communication skills
- Numerical abilities
- Organisational skills
- Analytical skills
- Team spirit
- Negotiation skills
- Digital literacy
- Problem-solving skills
- Time Management Skills
- Integrity as a quality
Objective of this program is to prepare students to think critically and invent industry -based approaches to social workers . Students get to understand the social work techniques and market expectations. In addition,they learn how to communicate effectively.
Why study this program
This program prepares one to job market at lower level.It also a bridge to the advance level in the field.
- Possible career opportunity: The graduates from the course can be employed Hospitals, NGOs, Children’s Homes, Military and as Probation officers.
This course takes an average of 4 terms (1 and half years ).
Mode of Study
- Regular/full time
- School based programme
- Distance Learning
- Weekend Classes
- Part-time/Evening classes
- KCSE aggregate Grade of D (plain) & Above,or any equivalent qualifications by KNEC
- Must have at least D plain in biology
The following requirements must be met for a student to qualify for KNEC exams in this course:
- Must sit for at least 2 cats marked out of 30% ,and an end term exams marked out of 70% each term.
- The candidate will be expected to proceed for industrial attachment as a requirement by KNEC for successful completion of the course.
- A student must attend at least 80% of all the tutorial lectures.
Email us at:Admissions Office.