Certificate in Nutrition & Dietetics management(KNEC)-This course takes 1 and half year course, whose objective is to equip the trainees with relevant knowledge, skills, attitudes and experiences that will enable them to contribute to the improvement of health care using nutrition and dietetics provision in line with the Kenya Nutritionists and Dietitians Institute’s vision.
Upon completion of this program, students should feel confident starting their career.
Key Interest Skills required to pursue a career in this field
- Planning skills
- Communication skills
- Numerical abilities
- Organisational skills
- Analytical skills
- Team spirit
- Negotiation skills
- Digital literacy
- Problem-solving skills
- Time Management Skills
- Integrity as a quality
Objective of this program is to prepare students to think critically and invent industry -based approaches to nutritionist . Students get to understand the nutrition techniques and market expectations. In addition,they learn how to communicate effectively.
Why study this program
This program prepares one to job market at lower level.It also a bridge to the advance level in the field.
This course takes an average of 4 terms (1 and half years ).
Mode of Study
- Regular/full time
- School based programme
- Distance Learning
- Weekend Classes
- Part-time/Evening classes
- KCSE aggregate Grade of D (plain) & Above,or any equivalent qualifications by KNEC
- OMust have at least D plain in biology
The following requirements must be met for a student to qualify for KNEC exams in this course:
- Must sit for at least 2 cats marked out of 30% ,and an end term exams marked out of 70% each term.
- The candidate will be expected to proceed for industrial attachment as a requirement by KNEC for successful completion of the course.
- A student must attend at least 80% of all the tutorial lectures.
Email us at:Admissions Office.