Certificate in Journalism and Media Studies-To provide students with: an understanding of the role of the different media in modern society ,a thorough grounding in the role of the journalist knowledge of specific media roles and the skills to research, write and present effective copy.
Upon completion of this program, students should feel confident starting their career.
Key Interest Skills required to pursue a career in this field
- Planning skills
- Communication skills
- Numerical abilities
- Organisational skills
- Analytical skills
- Team spirit
- Negotiation skills
- Digital literacy
- Problem-solving skills
- Time Management Skills
- Integrity as a quality
Why study this program
This program prepares one to job market at lower level.It also a bridge to the advance level in the field.
- Possible career opportunity: The graduates from the course can be employed as: News reporters, Sub-Editors, Editors, News casters, Technicians, Producers, Photographers, Script writers, Freelancers, Correspondents, PROs, Marketers and Film directors.
This course takes an average of 4 terms (1 and half years ).
Mode of Study
- Regular/full time
- School based programme
- Distance Learning
- Weekend Classes
- Part-time/Evening classes
- KCSE aggregate Grade of D (plain) & Above,or any equivalent qualifications by KNEC
- Must have at least D plain in biology
The following requirements must be met for a student to qualify for KNEC exams in this course:
- Must sit for at least 2 cats marked out of 30% ,and an end term exams marked out of 70% each term.
- The candidate will be expected to proceed for industrial attachment as a requirement by KNEC for successful completion of the course.
- A student must attend at least 80% of all the tutorial lectures.
Email us at:Admissions Office.