Certificate in General Agriculture provides a broad experience to all types of agriculture; an internship experience is also included to provide students with practical knowledge and skills. While the Certificate of General Agriculture may be completed as a stand alone certificate program, courses in this certificate may also be used to complete the Associate of Science in Agriculture or the Associate of Applied Science in General Agriculture.
Upon completion of this program, students should feel confident starting their career.
Key Interest Skills required to pursue a career in this field
- Planning skills
- Communication skills
- Numerical abilities
- Organisational skills
- Analytical skills
- Team spirit
- Negotiation skills
- Digital literacy
- Problem-solving skills
- Time Management Skills
- Integrity as a quality
Why study this program
This program prepares one to job market at lower level.It also a bridge to the advance level in the field.
- Possible career opportunity: The graduates from the course can be employed as: Extension officers and Farm managers
This course takes an average of 4 terms (1 and half years ).
Mode of Study
- Regular/full time
- School based programme
- Distance Learning
- Weekend Classes
- Part-time/Evening classes
- KCSE aggregate Grade of D (plain) & Above,or any equivalent qualifications by KNEC
- Must have at least D plain in biology
The following requirements must be met for a student to qualify for KNEC exams in this course:
- Must sit for at least 2 cats marked out of 30% ,and an end term exams marked out of 70% each term.
- The candidate will be expected to proceed for industrial attachment as a requirement by KNEC for successful completion of the course.
- A student must attend at least 80% of all the tutorial lectures.
Email us at:Admissions Office.