The certificate course in Cooperative Management(KNEC) is offered at African Institute of Research and Development Studies. This course is non-modular.The course is designed to equip the learners with in-depth knowledge and skills that will enable them advance to the diploma level course in Co-operative Management. In addition, the students can be able to take up various roles and opportunities in cooperative managements.This Course is marketable.
- Cooperative assistant
- Junior Manager
- Junior Director
After successful completion of Certificate in Cooperative Management(KNEC),a student can proceed for Diploma ,bachelor’s degree,master’s degree and Phd in related field.
This course takes an average of 4 terms (1 and half years ).
Mode of Study
- Regular/full time
- School based programme
- Distance Learning
- Weekend Classes
- Part-time/Evening classes
- KCSE aggregate Grade of D (plain) & Above,or any equivalent qualifications by KNEC
The following requirements must be met for a student to qualify for KNEC exams in this course:
- Must sit for at least 2 cats marked out of 30% ,and an end term exams marked out of 70% each term.
- The candidate will be expected to proceed for industrial attachment as a requirement by KNEC for successful completion of the course.
- A student must attend atleast 80% of all the tutorial lectures.
Craft certificate in co-operative management Course Code
1807 301- Co-operative & financial accounting
302- Merchandise & transport management
303- Co-operative banking 304- Co-operative law
305- Business administration & environment
306- Course specialization & entrepreneurship projects
September 2020 intake is in progress in all our campuses